Monday 15 April 2013

Rough Cuts analysis






These are the rough cuts I have done for the magazine and I'm quite happy with how it looks so far but I know I have to improve certain parts of the magazine like the colour scheme at the minute because it is too bright on some pages and I might use a gold or black background instead of the white one. Some parts need improving but because I need to get completed by my deadline, some parts of been neglected because I thought I had done enough but turns out, I was wrong.

I need to definitely put more information on the front cover because it doesn't look anything like my template, Mixmag. I need to change the background as well but I'm planning on re-doing the photos with a natural background behind them so that should be improved by the my final cut.

The contents page is way too bright when I think about it now because it will just make people not want to read my magazine because it will be too bright and it might hurt people's eyes or they might just find it annoying. I also need to include a new photo to make seem a bit more professional which will improve my marks.

The double page spread is my favourite as it just looks the most professional and I added my own touch by letting some the writing overlap the photo but from the feedback I received, no one else did. If I have to change something it will have to be the writing overlapping because it is unconventional and it could lose me some marks because of this. 

Overall, i still have a lot more work to put into this before i can say clearly that it was a success and compare it to a real magazine and then get the mark I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment